- Family Engagement - Title I
- PGE Student Handbook
- School Nutrition
- Infinite Campus
- After School Care Program
- Volunteers & Chaperones
- Parent's Right to Know
Pleasant Grove Elementary School, students participating in the Title I, Part A program, and their families, agree that the following information outlines how the parents, the entire school staff, and the students will share the responsibility for improved student academic achievement. It also describes how our staff, students, and parents will build and develop a partnership that will help children achieve the state’s high standards.
Let’s Get Together!
Pleasant Grove will host the following events to build the capacity for strong parental involvement to support a partnership among the school, parents, and the community to improve student academic achievement
Annual Title I Meeting – September 7, 2023
We invite you to learn about our Title I program, including our parental involvement policy, the school-wide plan, the school-parent compacts, and parents’ requirements. Invitations will be sent home and posted in the school newsletter and social media. We have virtual links for our video below in English and Spanish.
Title I Parent Trainings offered throughout the Year
Parents will learn how to help their students with reading and math skills at home.
School Improvement Plan (Spanish)
Parent's Right to Know Statement
¡Vamos a Reunirnos!
Pleasant Grove organizará los siguientes eventos para desarrollar la capacidad de una fuerte participación de los padres para apoyar una asociación entre la escuela, los padres y la comunidad para mejorar el rendimiento académico de los estudiantes.
Reunión Anual del Título I - 1 de septiembre de 2022
Le invitamos a una mañana de aprendizaje y compartir acera de nuestro programa Título I, incluyendo nuestra política sobre la participación de padres, el plan para toda la escuela, el convenio entre padres y escuela, y los requisitos para los padres. Las invitaciones se enviarán por correo y se anunciarán en los boletines de la escuela y medios locales.
Entrenamientos para padres de Título I ofrecidos durante el año
Los padres aprenderán cómo ayudar a sus alumnos con las habilidades de lectura y matemáticas en el hogar.
Free & Reduced Meal Applications
Free & Reduced Priced Meal Applications for the 2022-23 school year are now available. All households are encouraged to apply (only one application per household should be submitted). Instructions for applying online are linked below. All households are encouraged to apply (only one application per household should be submitted).
IMPORTANT: For the first 30 days of school, students will receive the benefit they were previously approved for on the last free and reduced-priced meal application submitted. If a new application is not submitted on or before Tuesday, September 19, 2023, the status will change to full-paid.
Online applications are usually processed within 2-3 business days. Paper applications can take up to 10 business days to process. For any questions, please contact the School Nutrition Office at (706) 876-7261.
Pay Online or by App
Whitfield County Schools Nutrition Department is excited to offer a new prepay system online with Titan. This new payment option will not replace cash and check payments, but is an additional payment option for your convenience. Features offered by the online solution are:
- See your student’s meal balance at anytime from anywhere
- Deposit payments for multiple students in just one click
- Setup recurring payments for monthly or weekly deposits
- Reviewing individual student meal histories
- Automated notifications via email or text when your student’s balance falls below the amount you choose
Pay by Cash
Place money into an envelope, seal, and include the following information on the envelope front:
- Your child’s first and last name
- Teacher’s name
- Student ID Number
Pay by Check
Please make checks payable to the school your child attends. It is advisable to use separate checks if you are paying for more than one child to ensure that the correct amount is credited to each child’s account. Please be sure all the following information is included on the check:
- Adult Name
- Physical Address
- Telephone Number
- Your child’s first and last name and ID Number.
- School’s Name
All checks deposited into the school nutrition bank account that fail to clear the bank are returned to Checkredi collection service. The check writer’s account will be debited electronically for the amount of the NSF check. The check writer is also liable for a state allowed collection fee.
Pay by Money Order
Please make money order payable to the school and include:
- Your child’s first and last name
- ID Number
Students have a limited charge privilege. If a student arrives at school without money, they are allowed up to $15.00 in charges. If the student has reached the charge limit, he/she may be provided an alternate meal. Every effort will be made to notify parents of charges and the alternative meal policy at the first negative balance, utilizing automated calls, letters and email. Charges are not allowed for extras or ala carte items.
All adult and guest meals are to be paid by the individual in advance or at the time the meal is selected.
Infinite Campus Portal FAQs
What is the District ID?
Search for the school district, which is "Whitfield County Schools"
First time using Campus Portal?
If you have been assigned a Campus Portal Activation Key click here.
Please Note: You will need a 32-digit Activation Key to begin using the Infinite Campus Parent Portal. Contact your child's school if you do not have a GUID.
If you already have an account please log in for instant access to accurate, current and confidential information about your child(ren)'s school attendance, grades, class assignments and more.
How do I access the Parent Portal?
You may go directly to the parent Portal Login screen at https://campus.whitfield.k12.ga.us/campus/portal/whitfield.jsp.
What is Infinite Campus?
Infinite Campus is a web based student management system that helps us to track student registrations, attendance, and grades.
What is the Infinite Campus Parent Portal?
The Parent Portal is a confidential and secure web site that allows parents/guardians to log in and view their child's progress in school. The goal of the Parent Portal is to create a better partnership between parents and teachers.
How secure is the information contained in the Portal?
The campus Portal incorporates the highest level of security. Parents/guardians can see only information related to the students they are authorized to view. The use of strong passwords, forced password resets and session timeouts ensure secure access.
Can anyone else see my child's attendance, grades, etc.?
No. We recommend that you use the same level security that you would with your other online accounts. Do not share your username and password and keep them safe. If you think someone else knows you username or pasword, please change your account information. After logging in to the portal, click on.
Do I need special software installed on my computer?
To effectively access your Parent Portal account, you will need:
- Internet Access: A high-speed internet connection (calbe or DSL) is recommended.
- Adobe Reader: This is a free document reader available for download on the web at:
- Hardware Requirements
- PC: Campus supports Windows Vista, XP and 2000 Professional
- Macintosh: Campus supports mac OS X
My account is locked/disabled.
After 3 unsuccessful login attempts, your user account will be disabled. Please call your child's school to reactivate your account. You will be asked security questions, prior to reactivation of your account.
When I type my 32-digit code, I get an error message.
Make sure you are typing your code exactly as it appears. This is alphanumeric code, therefore be careful when typing the Number 0 vs. the Letter O or the Number 1 vs. the letter I. If these are not typed correctly your code will not be accepted.
I received the following message when creating my username for my account: "This username already exists." What should I do?
Another person has already used this username. Select another username and try again. Two people cannot have the same username in the system.
I forgot my username and/or password.
Contact your child's school and let them know that you have forgotten your username and password. You will be asked security questions, to verify your identity. While we do not have the ability to see your password, we can reset your password to a temporary password that you can change once you are logged on.
Pleasant Grove Elementary School After School Care Program
After-school care is provided Monday through Friday from 2:30 pm until 6:00 pm.
- ASC is a prepaid program. It is $8 a day and $40 for the week.
- Snack is provided for all students daily.
- Homework time for all grades
- ASC will not be available on inclement weather days, the final half-day before Christmas Break, and the last day of school.
- Outside playtime is provided when the weather permits.
- Please contact our ASC Director Jill Hamilton at email@example.com if you have any further questions.
Requirements for Volunteers and Chaperones
Volunteers are an important part of school life. If you would like to be a volunteer or chaperone at a Whitfield County school, please:
1. Fill out the Field Trip Chaperone Guidelines for Non-Employees form (found below).
2. Complete the SafeSchools training (link and login instructions found below). Use Registration Key 142aaf45 when logging in.
**If you wish to attend a field trip with a Whitfield County student, but are not volunteering or chaperoning, you are required to completed steps one and two and return them to your school.
3. If you will be volunteering or chaperoning a single event or day trip and you will be responsible for a student or group of students outside of teacher supervision, complete the Screening for Volunteers/Chaperones (not overnight). If you will be volunteering or chaperoning on an overnight trip, skip this step and continue to step 4.
4. If you will be volunteering or chaperoning on an overnight trip, complete the Online Application (found below). You will be required to complete a more extensive background check with the Online Application.
5. Once the previous steps have been completed, please return the following materials to the school you will be volunteering/chaperoning at:
- A signed Field Trip Chaperone Guidelines for Non-Employees form
- Your SafeSchools training certificate
- Your BIB card (this will be available to print once you have completed the Screening for Volunteers/Chaperones (not overnight); if you are volunteering/chaperoning overnight you will not turn in a BIB card - instead, inform the school you are ready to get a background check.
Required Forms for Volunteers
Background Check Process
State law requires volunteers and chaperones to undergo a criminal background check. Volunteers who will be responsible for students must have a background check, in addition to taking the SafeSchools training online. You will be required to completed a background check if you are:
- taking a student/small groups of students out of the classroom to work with them independently
- a chaperone on a field trip that will be responsible for a group of students
- a chaperone who is responsible for a group of students on an overnight trip (Ex. 3 or 4 students assigned to a room to be chaperoned by a volunteer)
Parent's Right to Know
July 1, 2023
In compliance with the requirements of the Every Students Succeeds Act, Pleasant Grove Elementary School would like to inform you that you may request information about the professional qualifications of your student’s teacher(s) and/ or paraprofessional(s). The following information may be requested:
- Whether the student’s teacher…
- has met State qualification and licensing criteria for the grade levels and subject areas in which the teacher provides instruction;
- is teaching under emergency or other provisional status through which State qualification or licensing criteria have been waived; and
- is teaching in the field of discipline of the certification of the teacher.
- Whether the child is provided services by paraprofessionals and, if so, their qualifications.
If you wish to request information concerning your child’s teacher’s and/or paraprofessional’s qualifications, please contact Principal Katherine Ford at (706) 259-3920.